Thursday, June 16, 2011

I feel it a privilege

I feel it a privilege to have a body.
 To know who I am,
where I came from, and why I'm here.

I feel it a privilege to be a nurse,
to serve people when their bodies fail them.

I feel it a privilege to be at a bedside
when a person leaves their body behind
and goes to their "Father's house".

I feel it a privilege to clean and
care for that body
and prepare it for a grieving family.

I feel it a privilege to wrap up that earthly
body and deliver it to it's next destination.

I feel it a privilege to have
a clear understanding of life and
it's purpose, and to know that life does indeed go on.

When it is my turn to go to my "Father's house"
I will feel it a privilege.



Dear Patient,
Thank you for allowing me to
be part of your life and death.
It was my PRIVILEGE.
Love,
CoRi dAwN


Dear SL,     
Thank you for
the phrase,
"Father's house"
Love,
CoRi dAwN

No comments:

Post a Comment