Sunday, June 12, 2011

I love Sundays!

I love Sundays and I need them! What a great day today was. President Maynes of the Denver South Mission joined our Ward Council and he was amazing. He was a kind gentle man who spoke with tenderness and encouragement. I have always felt a bit of anxiety when thinking about sending one of kids off for two years but after today I feel excited to have my children in the care of someone like President Maynes, I'm sure they will grow and learn.

I also love Relief Society! What an amazing group of women live in the RB Ward. I am renewed and strengthen when I am with them.

Latter-day Saint women must be strong and immovable in relief. We are a Relief Society, and we should be the best women in the world at providing relief. This has been our special province from the beginning. The word relief means “to lift up, lighten.” It means “a raising [up].” “The notion is ‘to raise (someone) out of trouble.’” Our service and the relief that we offer are a sign that we are the Lord’s disciples and we are members of His true restored Church. It is a privilege to be part of this worldwide organization for women, whose name describes what we are meant to do: provide relief.
~Julie B. Beck

Dear Relief Society of RB,
Thank you for "relieving me".
It has and is a privilege to
serve you and to serve with
you. I am continually amazed
by your love and service to
me and others.
Love,
CoRi dAwN

 

As Sisters in Zion
1.As sisters in Zion, we’ll all work together;
The blessings of God on our labors we’ll seek.
We’ll build up his kingdom with earnest endeavor;
We’ll comfort the weary and strengthen the weak.

2.The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity’s name.

3.How vast is our purpose, how broad is our mission,
If we but fulfill it in spirit and deed.
Oh, naught but the Spirit’s divinest tuition
Can give us the wisdom to truly succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment