Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year.

So long 2011
and Hello
2012!

I like the even years.
I have no idea why. I think I just like even numbers.
I kinda want to have another kid so I can have an even number. I do recognize that is a messed up reason to have another child but still I like even numbers. I mean everyone has a buddy at Disneyland. And that my friends is super important!

So today's the last video.
It's kinda sad, I know.
I got one for ya.
It's so NOT original,
but it is appropriate.
Do all ya'll know about this song? I sure didn't. Let me tell ya about it. I totally learned everything from Wikipedia (which I realize is NOT the most reliable source). But it's what I got. So here ya go...
Auld Lang Syne is a Scots poem written by Robert Burns in 1788 and set to the tune of a traditional folk song. It is well known in many countries, especially (but far from exclusively) in the English-speaking world; its traditional use being to celebrate the start of the New Year at the stroke of midnight. By extension, it is also sung at funerals, graduations and as a farewell or ending to other occasions. The song's Scots title may be translated into English literally as "old long since", or more idiomatically, "long long ago", "days gone by" or "old times". Consequently "For auld lang syne", as it appears in the first line of the chorus, is loosely translated as "for (the sake of) old times".

The lyrics go like this...

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?


CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
and surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS

Dear 2011,
It's been real. Over all I'd say we had a blast. We had a blast cause we lived. We were happy and sad, excited and tired, we loved and disliked. We lived...and we lived loud. So thank you for the opportunity. On to 2012, may you bring me and my family much happiness. May we serve and love others. May we remember what is very most important.
Much Love,
CoRi dAwN



No comments:

Post a Comment